Australian Hosiery Brand – Global Market – Low Overheads
Oohlalaa Hosiery (OH!) is an Australian brand that supplies premium and affordable hosieries for women worldwide.
Seeing the need for aviation workers to purchase hosiery in more convenient locations, such as workplaces, OH! developed a more innovative and convenient way to serve customers through the vending machine solution.
In 2017, the e-commerce store was launched, selling individual pairs and as monthly subscription.
- Vending machine model in use across Australia, inc. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Cairns, Hobart
- Established partnerships with Virgin Australia, Dnata (Emirates Ground handling), JetStar Airways, SwissPort Ground Handling, Menzies Ground handling and more
- Low overheads – entire business can be run by a team of 1-2 people
- Steady revenue – sales from the online shop and vending machines have been constantly increasing for the past 4 years
- The only Company selling Hosiery in vending machines with key locations in major Australian airports
- Marketing through Social Media – 31.9k followers, YouTube – 164.8k views, Monthly Blogs, Sales Emails
- No Lease Cost for putting vending machines in airports – all have agreed to have the machine to provide a solution to employees
- Assets include online store, 23 vending machines, social media and digital assets
- 1-person business with Contracted Re-fillers in all airports who service and refill the vending machines
- 1 staff member in the Philippines in charge of all social media posting, Customer Service and updating zero for accounting
- No special skills required – run the business P/T or work F/T and grow the business
- 2 weeks training will be provided for a smooth transition
Although this business did feel the impact of COVID-19, the business model has the advantage of being highly agile and adaptable in harsh conditions.
With low fixed costs and the ability to sell online, the current owner forecasts a swift and full recovery of sales as things are starting to return to a certain degree of normality. However, during the pandemic, most of the vending machines were switched off and this kept the cost to practically nothing.
There is also the opportunity to market OH to Delta Airlines in the USA and Cebu Pacific Airways in the Philippines, which were in the process pre Covid.
Price on request