Turnover: $700k – Multiple Income Streams – Independent Brand
This is a one-off opportunity to acquire the ‘Best Small Tackle Store in Australia’ – with extra income from an additional business – the only dedicated Fishing Second-hand Store in SEQ.
Buying this package is a golden opportunity to develop more stores in the Brisbane area and dominate the market.
Formerly Tackle World Sandgate, the current owner rebranded the business as Tackle Land Pty Ltd in 2012.
In 2018, the owner created The Shed – a Licensed Second-hand Store and Clearance Store – located in separate premises next door to the main business.
If you are seeking a change of pace – a less stressful lifestyle – or to break into the Fishing Industry as Tackle Store jobs are hard to find – this opportunity is for you!
- Voted Best Small Tackle Store in Australia by the Australia Fishing Traders Association (AFTA)
- Very strong brand – Well known in the industry – Solid client base
- Captures all demographics with the adjacent Shed – Exceeded owner’s expectations – No impact on main store
- Corner block location with major thoroughfare into Sandgate Business District
- Tackle Land 120 sqm – The Shed 100 sqm – Onsite staff parking
- Upstairs area includes 3 bedrooms, toilet/shower facilities, large lounge/dining area
- 10-minute walk to Moreton Bay waters – Close to popular Shorncliffe Pier (350m long – Recently fully rebuilt)
- Short distance to Pine River and Cabbage Tree Creek – major fishing locations
- 150m from Sandgate Railway Station – brings customers and tourists to the front door!
- Independent Trader – Access to a wider range of products than BCF or Anaconda
- Already established accounts will all major wholesalers
- Large purpose-built walk-in freezer – large processing area attached for storage of bulk produce
- Services include Rod Repairs, Reel Servicing and Repairs on-site, Custom Rod Building, Reel Spooling, Insurance quotes, In-store Tuition for new clients, local Fishing Knowledge and more
- Very effective Website (16,000 views a month) plus strong social media presence and reviews
- Free promotion in Bush and Beach Magazine
- Experienced staff happy to stay
Surrounded by some of the best Commercial Fishing Operators in SEQ, this store is set up to fit-out clients for local fishing through to extended off-shore Charters / extended tours around Australia.
The owner maximizes the availability of fresh local bait – and buys, processes and sells a significant volume of his own produce – to give a greater GP than Wholesaler Purchase goods.
A savvy and enthusiastic buyer could use this business as a foundation for expansion – and leverage to purchase stock without the red tape other new stores must face.
Price: $350,000 + SAV (approx. $500,000)
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: Queensland