Turnover approx. $75K / month – Recent refurbishment – Courtesy bus
The current owners bought this business when it was closed and have established the hotel into a profitable business. It now needs new owners to carry it on. The hotel has been refurbished with a very rustic charm fit-out, completed by the current licensee in 2020.
- Main bar, DOSA, dining room seating 50, rear patio seats 30, beer garden with outdoor bar and outdoor kitchen.
- Only hotel in town servicing locals, workers, and travelers.
- Caters for functions, weddings, and meetings.
- The pub holds an annual Pig Racing Event, which raises much needed funds for THE RURAL MINDS PROGRAM.
- Located on a corner block with 2 street frontages and plenty of parking.
- Accommodation comprises 7 rooms plus shared bathroom facilities.
- Imax 8-seater Courtesy Bus
- Open for Lunch, Dinner and Barista Coffee plus Sunday Breakfast
- Very active Facebook page with many followers
- Lease: 4 years, 10 months remaining with additional 4 x 4
- Currently staffed by Husband, Wife and Son plus Chef, kitchen hand and 1 additional bar staff.
Recent trading figures indicate the hotel’s turnover is approx. $75K p/m – increased from $64K the previous financial year. With the refurbishments and facilities on offer, this is an excellent opportunity for a new publican to enjoy the strong sales from the bar, restaurant, events, and accommodation.
Proston is a great community with a Supermarket, Post Office, Dept Store and Chemist. Smithfield Feedlot is the major employer in town employing up to 100 staff at any given time.
The hotel has a large following of caravanners visiting on a regular basis plus many workers using the accommodation. There is also camping at the side of the pub for self-contained vans.
Price: $65,000 + SAV