Turnover: 2019/20 approx. $120K – No Premises Required!
This well-established enterprise includes 2 businesses – ACT Home Pet Care (working with all pets and including regular dog walks) and The Cat Lady (working with cats only).
Providing a range of pet minding services the business has built a strong reputation over the years, with regular loyal repeat clients. This has meant the current owners have not needed to do any additional advertising, however there is plenty of room to grow the business with minimal advertising.
This is the perfect opportunity for an animal lover, who would like to be their own boss, enjoy flexible hours and earn a solid income doing something they love!
- Provides pet care services by visiting pets in owners’ homes
- Caters for people away on holidays or business trips
- Work includes checking and feeding pets, cleaning litter trays, walking dogs
- Additional dog walking service for busy people, elderly people and owners recovering from surgery
- Work from home – no premises required other than home office
- Rewarding work that also keeps you active
- Expenses average around 25% of turnover
- Sale includes phone numbers and mobile phones
- The Cat Lady has a trademark which would be transferred with the business
- Current owners work 7 days a week with 1 casual P/T employee
- Must be prepared to work Christmas, Easter, long weekends, school holidays
- 2-4 week handover period
- Current owners wishing to retire
ACT Home Pet Care has been operating for over 30 years, with the current owners having it for 12. They have owned The Cat Lady for almost 10 years.
A new owner wanting to increase turnover could easily attract new business with letterbox drops to the many new apartment blocks around Canberra. Many people now have cats and dogs in apartments.
The business turnover of ACT Home Pet Care is around 2/3 of the total turnover – 1 F/T role plus some P/T. The Cat Lady turnover on its own would be P/T.
The business would suit a couple where one is already working but prepared to assist during busy times or someone who has taken redundancy. A semi-retired couple may be interested in something like The Cat Lady, which is not as busy.
The businesses are for sale together ($41,000) or can be sold separately (ACT Home Pet Care $26,000 / The Cat Lady $16,000).