Category: Post Offices
$549,000 + SAV (approx $40,000)
Turnover: $425K – Average Net Profit approx. 47% of turnover
The Lighthouse Beach Licenced Post Office boasts an unbeatable location in a rapidly growing East Coast community.
Offering ocean views and plenty of off-street parking, this local post office is in a busy complex, surrounded by cafés, BWS bottle shop, butcher, hairdresser, dentist, restaurants, takeaways, doctor surgery, convenience store and more.
This business has been successful for over 24 years in this location and has a very loyal local support network/customer base. An Essential Service, Australia Post has not only survived COVID, but also thrived, with no interruption to business and booming online shopping.
- Shop space is approx. 118 sq m with front & back door entry & exits, 2 designated parking spaces, lockable toilet & hand washing facilities
- 4 years remaining on lease plus optional 5 years
- Internal shop fitted out to Australia Post standards. Recent upgrades include a new hard laminated countertop, internal painting, replacement of front post office boxes, new scales, COVID compliant Perspex screens & extra camera surveillance
- Supplied by Australia Post is new metal parcel shelving, bag rack stand, shop signage & upgraded computer equipment
- 500 PO boxes, with approx. occupancy rate of 70% – annual income of over $50K
- Currently owner-operated – Husband & Wife with their son (junior casual) + additional casual junior in busy times only
- Trades Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm – No work done after hours, weekends or public holidays!
- Offers most Australia Post services (except passport applications & some ID checks)
- Plus unique giftware, stationery, school items (no newsagent in area), cards & gift wraps, toys & novelties, homewares, phone accessories, batteries, printer cartridges, some electrical goods etc
- Also supports 3 local business, selling native flowers, homemade biscuits, hand-painted gift cards etc
- Owners moving interstate
- Sale price includes all plant and equipment, goodwill, and owners’ training
The current owners purchased this business in July 2019. The previous owner had the business for nearly 22 years. When she lost her husband, the business suffered a decrease in sales and revenue.
However, the current owners turned over $390K in 2019/20 by introducing new products and offering quicker counter service. This financial year, turnover was $425K with a nett return of approx. $210K.
The current owners put systems in place to make this a very profitable and easily run business. This is a lifestyle business that allows you to work hard in the week, but have time off over the weekends, Christmas, and other public holidays to enjoy family and the great Port Macquarie region.
Price: $549,000 + SAV (approx $40,000)
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: New South Wales