Turnover: Over $1m pre-COVID – Approx. $100k to working owner
House of Adorn is a leading online supplier of millinery materials, dance trims & fabrics, feathers and embellishments.
Servicing the dance, millinery, and entertainment industry, the business also has a retail shop in Bayswater, Victoria, shipping orders nationally (approx. 90%) and world-wide (approx. 10%).
- Predominantly online so this business can easily be relocated
- Established in 2010 – one of the largest retail supplier in this niche market
- Sells direct via website, in-store, eBay & Etsy
- Newly renovated 300m2 premises with all new office fit-out, lighting, 6 x heating/cooling units, wiring etc.
- Approx. 40 min drive from the city
- Rent $40k/pa plus outgoings approx. $6-7k/pa
- Vendor owns the building so flexible with lease terms
- Sale includes all display units, cabinets, shelving, scales, storage containers, packaging, 5 x computers, 3 x printers, fabric rolling machine plus related and equipment (total value over $20k)
- New website launched in 2020 worth over $50k and stock value over $500k
- Client database includes over 13k clients with emails in the system + more than 5k email subscribers
- Excellent relationships with local & international suppliers
- Marketed through Google, Facebook, Instagram, print marketing with industry magazines and events, and also advertising on TVs in local supermarkets
- Clients include designers, hobbyists, schools (dance, primary, high, TAFE), production companies (TV, movies, stage), event organisers, manufacturers etc.
- Staff: 1 F/T, 3 P/T, 4 casuals + owner (who works part-time)
- Trades 10am-5pm, Mon-Fri – Owner recommends opening Saturdays in the future
- 1 month training + further support for up to 2 months
The new website is really effective and SEO-friendly with the capacity for growth and/or operate multiple sites/locations if needed.
On average, the business did 30-50 sales a day (approx. 60-70% online + balance instore) pre-COVID, and 50-plus during busy periods (e.g. lead up to spring racing). There is a lot of potential for growth, as the recent acquisition of another business has created a more stable income revenue for this business.
This business would suit someone in the industry and/or passionate about design and costumes. It is perfect for a buyer seeking an online business, who wants to work for themselves. The hours are flexible as there is a fantastic team in place who are keen to support new owners.
Price: $690,000 * Negotiable
* Price Breakdown – $190k for business plus $500k for all stock and equipment