Price: $100,000 + Stock + GST
Shop Front with Online Store – Multi Service Business – Turnover 2019/20 $146,778.28 NET
This long-established shoe sales and repair business is 100% Aussie, having been run by the same family since 1980.
One of the longest running businesses in Victoria Park, it has been featured in many media articles and counts well-known political figures and sports personalities as customers.
• 2019/20 Turnover expected to top $146,778.28 NET
• Diverse range of services, including Shoe Repairs, Shoe Sales (inc. orthopedic footwear), Shoe Care accessories, Shoe Stretching, & Surgical Modifications (raises to shoes, rocker soles, fitting ferrules for calipers etc.)
• Other services include Leather Repairs (motorcycle jackets, race suits, motorcycle boots) Key Cutting (general house & old non-transponder car keys) & Battery replacement (watches, remote controls for cars etc)
• Prime location facing Albany Highway in the busiest part of East Victoria Park
• Surrounded by cafes, a pub, tattoo shop, florist with plenty of foot traffic
• Fully functioning online store www.reidsbootmakers.com.au is included in the sale
• Large client base including AFL stars Nic Naitanui, Nat Fyfe, Josh Kennedy, Quinten Lynch; Australian hockey player Trent Mitton, West Coast Fever netball players Josie Janz & Kaylia Stanton, Olympic weightlifters & many more
• Limited competition, as shoe repair kiosks don’t offer the same services. Some of them even bring leather sole shoes to this business for stitching as it has a Blake sole stitch machine
• Good lease in place & landlord happy to negotiate a new longer lease if the buyer wishes
• 62sqm shop with 2 parking bays & shared toilets
• High speed NBN with fibre into the building
• Trading hours currently 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, & 9am to 1pm Saturdays – no restrictions on opening hours
• No licenses required but current owner holds a Certificate 3 in Bespoke Bootmaking which helps when doing footwear modifications for trade clients via WA Department of Health
• The business would suit a husband and wife team or single operator with a part time or casual staff
• Training negotiable to ensure a smooth handover to the new owners
• Genuine reason for sale
This successful and well-known business was started in 1980 by Kevin & Lynne Reids, when they bought a shoe repair business & changed the name to Reids Bootmakers. Daughter Erica & her husband, Joe, bought the business from them 13 years ago as Kevin wanted to retire.
The State MP’s office is 100m away & Reids Bootmakers have repaired the shoes of every member of the seat for many years, including The Hon Ron Davies. Former Premier Geoff Gallop continued to post his shoes to the shop for repairs even after moving to NSW and retiring from politics.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an owner/operator or couple to acquire a long established business with solid profits, a good income and be your own boss!
Price: $100,000 + Equipment (approx. $35,500) + Materials/Stock (approx. $28,000) + GST.