Turnover: YTD to 31 March 2021 – $70K
This business was originally purchased as a Hire A Hubby franchise in 2008 under a five-year term. At the end of the term, the current owner realised he was getting the work through his own sources and referrals so did not renew the franchise and instead branched out on his own.
However, for the last few years, he has been winding down. He has not advertised since working independently but has never been short of work.
- NEW OWNER MUST HAVE A BUILDERS LICENCE
- General handyman/home maintenance & repairs to residential, investment and commercial properties
- High demand for maintenance workers
- Services individual homeowners, business owners & property managers
- Very varied work, from changing lightbulbs & gutter cleaning to erecting fences & tiling – anything covered by a restricted business license
- No lease or rent – work from home. Most tools stored in the ute so very mobile
- No assets, equipment, or stock included; asking price includes access to immediate income via a sustainable clientele list, plus current owner’s time to transition
- Toyota Hilux for sale separately
- Current owner works 4-6 hours a day, 5 days a week with occasional weekend work. Some jobs have been contracted out
- Purchaser will need to have or obtain a restricted builder’s license (Office of Consumer and Business Affairs). The Housing Industry Association (HIA) will advise of any courses that need to be undertaken.
- Regulated under the Building Work Contractors Act 1995 and corresponding Regulations
- Will need a police check
The current owner says the great variety of work means it is never boring. He also gets satisfaction from making some things from scratch (eg window frames, or special requests from customers).
He believes demand is such that the business could be significantly expanded through advertising. There is also scope to increase prices by at least 10%.
He is happy to mentor and work on site with the purchaser for up to 2 weeks and happy to be available by phone for any advice thereafter.
There is high demand for general maintenance/repair work – most general builders and tradesmen won’t take on smaller jobs so there is a demand for handymen.
Price: $10,000 ONO