Turnover: $1.5m – Multiple Income Streams
The Hyden Trading Co is the only Banking option, Post Office, Bottle Shop, Lotto agent and Newsagency within 60km!
As an independent Supermarket and Bottle Shop, this very successful business can source products from a wide variety of suppliers – enabling competitive pricing options – and is not bound to purchasing allocations and pricing requirements.
The halfway rest point between Perth and Esperance, Hyden is a very popular tourist destination with an average of 130,000 visitors every year visiting Wave Rock located 4km from town.
- Established 1982 – run by current owners for the last 13.5 years
- General Store, inc. Supermarket, Newsagency, Post Office (offering full range of postal services), Bottle Shop, Toy store, Chemist, Lotterywest outlet
- Also services customers from surrounding towns, such as Lake King, Mt Walker, Narembeen, Kondinin, Pingaring plus remote mining camps
- Ongoing lease of $3,490 pm – includes off-site 4-bedroom residence
- Business premises (435 sqm) located inside the unique Bush Shopping Village
- Close to popular destinations, inc. Wave Rock, Mulkas Cave, The Humps, Hippos Yawn, Tin Horse Highway
- Assets inc. 2012 Ford Territory, Crown C5 Forklift, 7 x 4 Box trailer with cage/cover, Equipment, Trading Stock of $90,000
- Australia Post licensee accreditation, Lotterywest agency approvals and Liquor licensing licensee certification would all be required
This business would suit an owner-operator couple or partnership, especially a team that could bring fresh ideas and inspiration to the operation.
Despite COVID-19 having an impact on tourism in the region, the Hyden Trading Co has proven to have a robust income. Turnover has been unexpectedly stable during the past 18 months.
The potential for return of tourist spending in the future will provide new owners with an opportunity to benefit from the increased local market share and growing tourist numbers.
The current owners only planned to stay in Hyden for 5 years – and have been there for nearly 15 as they love it so much! Now it’s time for them to move on.
Price: Offers from $270,000 WIWO
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: Western Australia