Captive Audience – Established 34 years – Only Large Venue in the Area
This is an outstanding opportunity at an excellent price so be quick to make your move!
South Lakes Golf Club is looking for a highly motivated chef/cook lessee who will manage the Club’s kitchen as their own business.
The Birdie Bistro attracts 100-plus patrons for Wednesday and Friday night dinners – plus another 30-50 sit-down lunches for Wednesday and Saturday golfers. In addition, it attracts more casual dining from members, locals and visitors on other days and nights.
The restaurant area is the only function space in Goolwa that can hold over 200 people. With COVID lockdowns becoming a distant memory, the number of functions being booked for Saturday and Sunday nights is on the rise.
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen maintained by the Golf Club with recent capital purchases made to replace necessary equipment
- Plenty of preparation, work & storage space, under counter fridges + a large scullery
- The premises meet all compliance legislation, are regularly inspected & hold a current inspection certificate
- Terms of lease negotiable but the Club is committed to supplying certain member services, including Dinners Wednesday/Friday nights; Lunches Wednesdays/Saturdays; Biannual Club dinners May & November, & Foundation Day on a Sunday in February
- The Lessee is encouraged to grow the business through other functions, weddings, dinner dances etc
- Overall base income equates to around $312,000 + additional events
- 3 + 3 year lease is offered @ $12K pa – possibility of a % rent in lieu
- Spacious Dining Room with carpeted floors, new timber top tables & new quality chairs
- Dining area can be divided into 3 defined areas to facilitate 2 or more functions, whilst maintaining access for golf club patrons
- The Bar is open 6 days per week & staffed by professional South Lakes’ employees
- The Gaming Room is open 6 days per week & has proven highly successful for over 20 years
- Membership is at over 560
- There are frequent other minor functions throughout the year (usually golf related) eg Vets, Pennants, Open Day etc
This business has been successful for over 34 years and is vital to the South Lakes Golf Club. The Club has no requirement to profit from the Birdie Bistro, but a friendly family-type dining room is essential to attract visitors to the Club on an ongoing basis. The Club will benefit from a successful Birdie Bistro through membership, the Bar and Gaming Machines, whilst maintaining a strong Community facility.
This private Golf Club, established in 1967, boasts an 18-hole Championship Course with fully irrigated fairways and greens, numerous lakes, and beautifully landscaped grounds. A significant feature of the Club’s location is the course being surrounded by housing – members can safely travel to and fro, thus adopting the Clubhouse as their ‘local’.
The Club has an ongoing membership drive, with a focus on increasing ladies golf and junior golf, whilst welcoming green fee players and reciprocal golf club members.