Turnover: $125K – No technical qualification needed – Fully flexible business
Caro The Label Pty Ltd is a fashion label designed in Australia by the owner. You would need no technical qualification to buy this business as just samples and photos are given to the manufacturers to work off.
The business sells online via a Shopify website, as well as wholesale direct to stores and via agents with Whola.
- Launched late 2019 & grown steadily since, despite COVID / lockdowns
- Turnover is approx. $125k with a profit taken as weekly Directors Fee of about $30,000
- Opportunity to increase the profit by focusing on retail
- Very few overheads – main costs are the product & freight – Swing tag & labelling included in manufacturing cost
- No Bricks & Mortar currently – Opportunity to increase revenue via a store / market presence
- Fully flexible business that can be run from any location, with as many hours as you want to put into it
- Reliable, trustworthy, quality manufacturer on board (same manufacturer as Bohemian Traders)
- Stock can be included in the sale or negotiated separately
- Retail customers all logged on Shopify – Mailchimp database for direct wholesale clients
The margin via wholesale is only about 20% – retail is about 80%, so to change the mix from mainly wholesale to retail is definitely a smart move for the buyer.
Currently, very little marketing is done – another area that needs time and expertise. The owner says dedication and paid advertising would see a huge increase in revenue, but she doesn’t have time with a new baby on the way!
She believes the ideal buyer would be someone with an established retail fashion business, or a marketing guru who could take the brand forward. There is a fabulous opportunity to work with blogger – Natalie Angel – Let Me Try Before You Buy. She is keen to showcase Caro.
One Stockist showcased a Caro dress via this influencer and has since ordered 75 more due to the overwhelming sales Natalie drove to their site. Approaching larger retailers such as ASOS and The Iconic offer potential or appearing at Trade Fairs to boost revenue.
- State: Queensland