Lifestyle Business on offer which is a very rare opportunity to take over one of South Australia’s leading Oyster Farms.
Available to Purchase is this Streaky Bay Oyster Farm with Operating Assets (Water and Shed), as well as transitional support from the very knowledgeable and experienced current owners.
- The package includes a New 2-storey Shed on 1 hectare – purpose-built for oyster farming
- Features Kitchen, Bathroom, toilet and laundry, Office, 2 bedrooms, Lounge and Deck
- It also includes 4 oyster farming leases – totalling nearly 13 hectares, bags, and grading equipment.
- All developed leases with BST long line system
- Stock can be made available by request
- The Natural Oysters name, brand, website, and goodwill are also available on request
Owner will provide:
- Technical and marketing knowledge and skill gained from 30 years in the oyster industry
- 7 years as South Australian Oyster Growers Association Committee Member – 3 of which as President
- Contacts domestically and in China
- Handover of brand (if desired), website, social media
- Technical support for setting up a digital grading system for stock control and management
- PIRSA regulations and reporting requirements
The Buyer/Lessee would have to allow 12-18 months for ongrowns and 18-30 months to reach retail market size.
When fully developed, the Streaky Bay Potential Carrying Capacity is:
- 3,000 bags per hectare
- Spat stocked at approx. 1,000 per bag/seed tray
- Juveniles stocked at 100 per bag
- Adults stocked at 50 per bag
Freehold Price $699,000 ex GST
Owners must sell due to poor health looking for reasonable offers.
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: South Australia