The Wishing Well Café is set in a tranquil location overlooking the Bay Islands on Southern Morton Bay. It is one of only 5 or 6 establishments that offer a fully catered High Tea, which is extremely popular due to the location and the quirky undercover garden area with the well.
Featured on TV, the well was built during WWII by American troops stationed at Victoria Point to provide a fresh water supply to the locals. The original well still exists beneath the now, false bottomed decorative Wishing Well.
Premises include Front of Shop with service counter + seating for up to 8 people; Undercover Outdoor Dining area seats 50 – 60 people; well-equipped Kitchen; Dry store and refrigeration area + rear storeroom.
- Offers dine-in full table service and takeaway breakfast and lunch menu
- Potential to open in the evening, which would increase trade immediately with little effort
- Popular for themed events, which are pre-booked with attendees paying prior to the night.
- Great support from the local community and regular customers from surrounding areas
- Unique café with excellent service, wonderful food and a perfect location
- The business has been in the same location in one form or another for over 40 years
- Leasehold premises @ $2101.89 pm – 6 months on current lease with a 5+5 option available
- Customers include 35% Regulars, 25% Locals, 20% Tourists, 15% Business Professionals + 5% Walk-ins
During COVID, the owner opted to provide the community with a variety of prepared meals ready to eat or freeze for later. This became immensely popular and helped the café through the first few months of the pandemic. The café is now back to near full trading and is as busy as it was last year.
Whilst there are other cafes in the area, none have the location, views and uniqueness offered by this venue.
The Moreton Bay region is one of Queensland’s must-see tourist destinations due to its stunning location, many attractions, and vibrant events. Millions of visitors flock to the area every year, spending around a billion dollars at cafes, local businesses and with tourism operators.
Asking Price: $70,000 including Stock WIWO