Prime Tourist Location – Unique 40-Acres with 2 houses – 95% occupancy rate
Just 10 minutes’ drive from the picturesque township of Maleny in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, this stunning 40-acre property has 2 houses, one title and boasts the largest waterfall on private property in the area. Popular venue for garden weddings for up to 50 guests.
The property consists of a magnificent managers’ residence plus separate and totally private, fully operational rental accommodation, easily accessed by a recently finished $100,000 concrete driveway. The options for operation are flexible: a new owner could use the cottage as a permanent full-time rental, short-term accommodation only, or a combination of accommodation and weddings.
Land for Wildlife and one of the last sub-tropical rainforest areas in SE Queensland.
Extensively revegetated with 5,000 indigenous rainforest species, plus stone steps and walking tracks. Stunning waterfall supplying pure spring water (never runs dry) with viewing platform.
2-storey managers’ residence valued at $1.6 million
- 3-storey tower at one end and magnificent views from every room
- Multiple bedrooms, office, library, music room and more
- 2nd floor accessed by a Tasmanian Oak and Kwela staircase OR an Italian residential lift
- Winding timber staircase to the 3rd floor tower room
- Impressive kitchen with granite bench tops, Falcon Range with double electric ovens, grill, warming plate and 5-burner gas cook top and walk-in pantry
- Large remote-control garage
- 2 x 14,000-gallon concrete water tanks, Fuji sewerage treatment plant and solar panels – the current owners have never paid an electricity bill!
The 12-bed rental cottage sleeps 16 guests and has a 95% occupancy rate throughout the year.
The accommodation rental business commenced towards the end of 2012 and has been fully booked since 2015. The first wedding was held at Sweetwater in 2014. Since then, the wedding side of the business has steadily grown. Registered with Stayz since 2012, Airbnb since 2019. 90% of wedding bookings come through the Maleny Cottage Weddings webpage. Currently, the cottage is booked every month of the year for weddings and family gatherings, overseas visitors, groups, hen parties, retreats and more.
- Fully furnished with double carport and storage shed.
- Western red cedar hut with camp kitchen and bed, picnic area, open fire pit and rustic BBQ
- 40’ x 50’ shed equipped with a shower, toilet and laundry, plus a wood burning and kitchenette.
- Regular cleaner and gardener happy to stay on plus commercial laundry service.
With its perfect climate, and views to Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Island from this location on top of the Blackall Range, the current owners will be very sad to leave. They built the Sweetwater up over the years from a rundown property to a prestige well maintained paradise. However, now it’s time to downsize, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to the market.