Huge Expansion Capabilities – Infrastructure Already in Place
With Tasmanian Seafood rated amongst the best in the World, this is a rare opportunity to buy a running Oyster Farm on sought-after Bruny Island.
Tasouth Oysters gives you an immediate income with huge potential for further expansion with only a quarter of lease currently occupied.
A savvy buyer would also consider the opportunity to buy the successful retail outlet that sells freshly shucked oysters direct from farm to customer.
Bruny Island is Tasmania’s Premiere Island Destination and the demand for oysters is currently outweighing supply.
- Freehold 12-hectare sub-tidal Marine Farm – Oyster Lease
- Long-established location
- Currently farming 1.4 million oysters from spat through to size – immediate income
- Infrastructure in place to hold 2 million oysters
- Only quarter of lease currently occupied – HUGE GROWTH POTENTIAL
- Supplies Wholesale Seafood businesses in Victoria and Tasmania – also retails in Tasmania
- 8 100m long lines + 8.5m barge
- Processing factory with all plant and equipment
- Land lease hold base with hut/accommodation/amenities/site office
- Boat ramp at front door + Mooring
- No industry experience required – Current owner happy to stay and train new owner
- Regrettable sale due to health issues
Nestled in pristine Great Bay on Bruny Island, Tasouth Oysters has an outstanding reputation for fresh, quality seafood.
The natural environment here enriches the oyster habitat due to the cool climate, pristine waters, clean beaches, and clear remote surrounds.
Bruny Island is one of Tassie’s most popular tourist destinations, attracting visitors all-year-round. Providing the ultimate wilderness experience, the island boasts endless bush walks, coast tracks, secluded bays, and amazing wildlife.
The island is also known as a foodie’s paradise, with not only the attraction of freshly shucked oysters but also artisan cheese, wine, berries, beer, and more.
This is a very rare opportunity and one that would reward you with not only an excellent income and growth potential, but also a fabulous lifestyle in a pristine environment.
Price $720,000 WIWO Negotiable
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: Tasmania