Price: $98,000 + SAV
No competition in town – Turnover 2019/20 expected to be $330,000-plus
Located on the main street of Herberton – and operating for over 25 years – this proven business is an excellent choice for a couple or family seeking a solid income in a great community.
With so much included – and no real skills or qualifications required – the business has shown continued growth over the last 2 years, with more expected thanks to an Origin Authorised Dealer Agreement signed a month ago.
- General hardware, Paint, Gardening products, Tools, Building products, Stockfeed, Origin Gas Swap and Refill
- Services the immediate Township of Herberton and the surrounding rural communities of Wondecla, Watsonville, Walsh River and Irvinbank
- Great location in the middle of town – Corner block with a covered drive-thru and ample public parking
- Sale includes shop fittings and equipment, office equipment and furniture, POS hardware/software, Large 1857 Antique Safe, 240v Key Cutter, 240v Blendorama Paint Tinter (plus Software), 8.5kg and 3.7kg Quick Swap Gas Cylinder Storage Cage. A detailed list of sale inclusions can be provided on request.
- 1.4-litre petrol Toyota Forklift with 2 new front tyres and a 1/4m3 aggregate bucket
- Guaranteed 3 x 3 year lease at sale at $400/week plus 50% of rates – Freehold is also an option
- Approx. 206m2 internal shop floor display space plus separate office, stockfeed storage room with covered loading ramp, lunchroom & toilet
- Outside offers approx. 165m2 roofed area, 220m2 secure fenced open area, gas storage platform and 4 aggregate/sand product storage bays
- Currently trading 8.30am to 5pm Mon to Fri, 8.30am to 12.30pm Sat
- 2 full weeks’ one-on-one familiarisation/training plus 4 weeks’ assistance/advise via phone
- Previous experience in retail or dealing with the general public would be an advantage
- Stable account customers located in Herberton
- No competition and economic indicators show continued local economy growth over the last 2 years
- Currently operated by 1 person plus a casual person working up to 16 hours/week – Casual willing to stay
- Owner selling to go travelling
Herberton is situated 20 minutes south of Atherton and 1.5 hours from Cairns International Airport. It is the oldest established town on the Atherton Tablelands with a strong mining history. Sitting 913 metres above sea level, it offers a mild climate with an average annual temperature of 20 degrees, low humidity and 1238mm of rain.
Ideally, the business suits a working couple to allow the flexibility for one or two pick-ups of stock per week from Atherton and Tolga.
If you’re looking to escape the rat race and enjoy true country hospitality and a fabulous lifestyle – with the glorious Atherton Tablelands, Reef and Daintree on your doorstep – be quick to make an offer!
Price: $98,000 + SAV