Turnover: $189,588 – Net income $33,787
Mousetrap Concepts was established by the current owners in 2005 and now has over 700 wholesale customers. Supplying merchandise that is not sold by major chains or discount stores, there is great potential to start selling direct to customers or via Internet sales platforms.
- Imports & sells fine china including Nostalgia, Heritage, Rosehearty , Soga Japan glassware, Rosehearty worktop savers, Pinko plasticware, paper napkins, melamine trays & other homewares
- Select range of suppliers plus 2 commission agents (Qld + country Victoria)
- Current focus primarily on the female 30-year-plus market
- Website primarily used as virtual catalogue
- Some Facebook marketing but mostly through direct contact
- Very flexible trading hours – 20-30 hours a week
- Easy to run with just a sole trade or couple
- Training if required
- Very cheap rent ($660 p/m inc GST) for the warehouses & side yard
- No outgoings – No formal lease
- Sale includes 4 shipping containers
- Total: approx. 223m2
If you are buying yourself a job, this package is ideal with no special skills or licenses required.
The current owners have run the business alone with casual help when needed. They previously participated in gift trade fairs in Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane but the 2020 fair was cancelled due to COVID.
Ill health has forced the current owner to slow down and now sell the business. It now needs a buyer with the enthusiasm and energy to regrow it.
A new owner could improve the business by extending trading hours and selling to the public online.
The current owner is willing to negotiate vendor finance for a suitable applicant.
Price: $50,000 (including fixtures, containers, furniture etc) + SAV (approx. $70,000)