New Commercial Premises – Untapped Potential – WIWO
Cocoa and Co Canberra is a true success story ever since it opened on a far smaller scale in 2019!
The demand for services saw this boutique dog concierge business quickly outgrow its home-based structure and move into larger commercial premises within the busy Manuka Village precinct.
Demand has continued to grow, with 2022 bookings closed to new clients – and a lengthy waitlist – so actively growing the business would be effortless!
- Located in the heart of the inner south of Canberra
- Full modern fit out complete with top of the range grooming equipment and day care facilities
- Services include dog grooming, day care, product sales (including local designer couture) and transportation options
- Loyal clients – consistent and repeat forward bookings and most 2023 months are heavily subscribed
- Ground floor, climate controlled 67 sqm premises with new sound containment roofing material
- Wet space for washing dogs, an additional grooming station (if needed), laundry services, lunchroom, and storage space
- The main room contains the boutique dog day care – with specific enrichment and training furniture – 2 full grooming stations, reception, and a welcome area
- Busy street frontage with multiple parking options – constant pedestrian and drive by traffic
- Assets include 2011 VW Caddy 2-door, low km
- Proven 5-star client rating – affordable rent and outgoings – long term lease
- Untapped potential for add-on services, longer salon hours, weekend openings, or puppy and client training
During FY21/22, Cocoa and Co Canberra established a new commercial premises in the Manuka Village precinct, including a dog transportation system for client’s convenience. The expense associated with this was recuperated and a profit turned that same year. Excluding the business set up and fit out costs (equaling $62k) – and the 2 COVID shutdown periods in FY21/22 – the business outperformed even the owner’s expectations.
With the Pet Industry booming, the demand for experienced pet groomers is higher than ever, with many like Cocoa and Co Canberra booked out months in advance.
So, if you have just finished your training and are looking to get into the industry or even an experience dog groomer looking for a manageable salon to call your own, this is your opportunity.
Price: $62,900 WIWO
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: Australian Capital Territory