Location Location Location – Only General Store in Town – No Competition!
Here is an opportunity to make your Coastal Lifestyle Dream a Reality on the world renown tourist route – The Great Ocean Road. YTD (March 31) is at $632,000k (turnover); with adjusted profits over 125k.
Kafe Koala General Store (KKGS) is located on the Great Ocean Road, midway between Lorne & Apollo Bay. A popular tourist route for Interstate and International visitors, day-trippers and the Melbourne weekend getaway crowd; Kennett River is the ideal stopping point prior to reaching the popular tourist destination – The 12 Apostles.. Native bird life and wildlife abounds Kennett River including Koalas & Kangaroos.
KKGS provides respite for visitors by way offering takeaway quality food and local roasted coffee, a range of souvenirs and apparel for this growing tourist market and a general store to support the local community.
This is the opportunity:
- International tourism is returning towards pre-covid levels
- Iconic long-established café on one of Australia’s significant tourist routes – 5.5million visitors annually on the Great Ocean Road
- Popular tourism destination for seeing koalas kangaroos and native bird life – Popular with day tour bus/coach operators and day trippers
- Only store in town providing convenient and easily accessible food and beverages to the Kennett River Family caravan park, and holiday homes and residents in Kennett River and nearby Grey River and Wye River.
- Includes an onsite 2 bedroom owner/staff accommodation (a scare resource on the Great Ocean Road) & a retro caravan for accommodation or further development
- Strong coffee sales (10kg pw on average per year) and an excellent reputation for quality takeaway food / meals
- Long-term lease – 5-year (currently in year 2 of the first term) + option for a further 5 years
- Laid back retro vibe – Building of historical significance – Recently refreshed with a coat of paint, soft furnishings, and the development of an outdoor garden seating area.
Opportunities for further growth include the acquisition of a Liquor License , increased tourism visitation by way of the Federally funded Kennett River Infrastructure & Tourism development project 2023 as well as further development of the retro caravan into a mobile coffee shop targeting event opportunities.
The residence is attached to the store and includes two bedrooms, lounge/living area, small kitchenette, bathroom/laundry, large undercover deck, large backyard overlooking the valley & Kennett River, garage, storage & more.
Residence can be used for staff or can be sublet subject to landlords’ approval.
Price: $126,000 +SAV
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: Victoria