Historic Hillcrest Guest House in Cooktown offers the buyer a rare opportunity to acquire a fully renovated original Queenslander, and a very successful tourism business.
Set on 2908 m2 of land, with the buildings currently using around 500sqm – there is clearly room to expand, and Council-ready concept plans are available to show you how.
This award-winning property would be ideal for an owner-operator seeking an active, well positioned business on the Great Barrier Reef Coast.
- A tropical private paradise built in the 1880s
- Extensive renovations carried out since 2011, inc. a new roof + wiring upgrade in 2013
- Popular tourism business with repeat sales
- 12 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen TVs
- Tropical gardens, swimming pool, picnic area + 15 car parking spaces
- Opportunity to expand using the 85-seat Aviary for catering, functions, weddings, conferences etc
- 5-minute walk from Cooktown History Centre, 7 minutes by foot from James Cook Museum
- Close to Main Street, Bicentennial Park and Endeavour River National Park
- Packed with history, and rich in flora and fauna, Cooktown is an ideal place to call home
Like all hospitality venues globally, this business was impacted by COVID. Expenses were wound back, and the current owners enjoyed a virus-free lifestyle fishing and enjoying the tropical weather.
The business has now taken off again and is thriving, and there is great potential to expand both the property and the business.
The property is offered as a going concern business with all chattels – or can be sold as a freehold home at $995,000 without the forward bookings, the business, chattels, online booking platforms and domain.
This business is well suited to an active owner-operator who will take it to the next level. With online sales and market positioning in place, all the hard work and business development has been done.
Price $1,150,000 excl. GST