Average Annual Turnover: $500K – FY2021 Net Profit: $40K
Alexanders Furnishings is a Window Furnishings Retailer with manufacturing capacity, providing customers with a complete measure to quote to installation service. Established in 1969 – and taken over by the current owners in 1978, the business has experienced stronger demand during 2020 and 2021.
- Wide range of fabric samples, various blind options (inc. roller, Roman & honeycomb), & Australian-made Kitset curtain tracking system
- Excellent brand name recognition & goodwill
- Convenient & central showroom location
- Manufacturing capability with rear workroom
- Experienced & friendly staff
- Lease: 5-year with 2 additional 5-year options – $8,743.34 pcm with 3.5% annual increase
- Premises approx. 212 m2 comprising showroom, rear workroom, toilet & kitchenette
- Located on a busy road opposite Woden Town Centre & Westfield shopping complex
- No nearby competition – Free parking in front of shop
- Sale includes Office furniture & items, Workroom equipment, Display stock, Fabric samples, & Stock
- Also includes 2014 Mercedes Vito Van & 2012 Toyoto Corolla
- Current production capabilities include Curtain track making/repairing, Curtain making/repairing, Blind repairs, Whole Systems & Installation
- Small number of Australian suppliers for blinds/curtains + a wide range of fabrics from 10+ wholesalers.
- Currently spend approx. $10K per year on radio advertising with 2CA Canberra
- Many return customers in the domestic sector + occasional long-term jobs in the commercial sector eg Kangara Waters aged-care facility
- Staff include both owners, 2 P/T workers in the showroom, 1 F/T installer + 1 casual installer
- Suitable takeover period to be negotiated
This business would be ideal for someone with a passion for customer service and interior decorating. Somebody from the industry would be good but not necessary as the business’s products and systems can be easily learned.
The Canberra market is very strong with a growing population and above-average disposable income. With few competitors in the area, this business could be expanded to take advantage of future growth.