TURNOVER: $427k – ROI $137k FROM JUST 3 MARKETS – POTENTIAL TO EXPAND
Just 15 minutes from Byron Bay, Scratch Patisserie is the perfect business for an owner operator – skilled in the art of bread and pastry making!
The business sells directly to an already well-established clientele – through 3 weekly Farmers’ Market stalls in the Byron Shire.
The business currently operates with 3 staff – from a leased commercial kitchen in Mullumbimby CBD.
The business previously included a retail outlet plus the Farmers’ Markets – and employed 13 staff in permanent and casual positions.
This business would return an even higher profit if it was owned and run by 2 trade qualified or equivalent baker/pastry chefs – and better utilised the retail and wholesale environment in the local area.
- Regular local customers who attend the Markets every week, regardless of weather conditions
- Constant flow of tourists through the Markets
- Market competition restricted to 2 bakery stalls only to ensure sustainability
- Highly sought-after location – 10 minutes from Brunswick Heads, 15 minutes from Byron Bay
- Some small wholesale customers – including local IGA
- All 3 markets located within 15 minutes of the kitchen – Byron, New Brighton and Mullumbimby
- Kitchen space 33.6 sqm – plus additional 13.32 sqm for the cool room and freezer room
- 2 permanent staff (including owner) + 1 permanent P/T
- Business established 13 years ago to supply wholesale croissants to local cafes
- Well-presented website with Online Ordering System + Social Media platforms
- Excellent assets – including 2.4m x 1.8m cool room, 2.4m x 1.8m freezer room, Marquee, 2008 Hyundai van and more
- 6-8 weeks’ training – Owners pursuing other interests overseas
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: New South Wales