Karumba’s #1 choice for River and Gulf Cruises is now for sale!
This is a rare opportunity to pick up an established, highly internationally rated business in one of the world’s most beautiful locations.
Ferryman River Cruises provides amazing wildlife adventures – including Bird watching, Crocodile spotting and unforgettable Sunsets over the Gulf of Carpentaria.
- Strong established brand – Loyal client base with forward bookings
- Excellent word-of-mouth reputation, signage at various caravan parks, advertised in the Matilda Way magazine, with brochures, coasters and bar mats throughout the town and country.
- Sales includes multiple Web Pages and Domain Names, including ferryman.net.au
- Huge potential to expand and grow – eg A fishing charter in the morning and sunset + Croc Spot at night during the peak
- Opportunity to restart Water Taxi Services to the Northern fleet of prawn trawlers
- Three bedroom home available to buy or rent
- Ferryman – 3.65m x 9.27m in water length – charter vessel for 50 people + trailer
- Ferryman 2 – 5.99m Southwind surveyed for 7 persons with 2018 Mercury outboard – business can also be purchased without Ferryman 2
- Signage upgrade for 2023 season
- Respray of trailer and barge, and motor replacement (new for old) November 2022
- Liquor, restaurant, and fishing charter licences included
- All associated equipment: knives, forks, plates, spoons, upgraded metal glassware, cool room, freezer, ice machine
- Crunch 19-foot fibreglass crocodile
Ferryman Cruises represents a promising opening for anyone looking to get involved in the marine tourism industry – or as an extension of an existing travel or tourism business.
This business has been built up to the point where a new owner can really take advantage of the huge, yet growing market for tourism in the Carpentaria Shire.
As they say, “You haven’t really done Karumba until you’ve been on the Ferryman”!
A favourite for tourists from all over Australia and the world, Karumba offers excellent services and amenities, including a school, shops, motels, takeaways, 5 caravan parks, pub, and a multimillion-dollar Barramundi Discovery and Visitor Info Centre.
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: Queensland