This package represents an outstanding investment in the historic town of Tenterfield, 3 hours’ drive from Brisbane. The Royal Hotel Motel is a substantial leasehold hospitality business (includes freehold conversion option) with the potential to increase trade under proactive management.
With a separate refurbished residence for the new owner – plus a second freestanding dwelling to generate additional income – this is definitely a must-see.
- Established business with strong customer base
- 18 hotel rooms – many with French door access to substantial balcony – plus 12-room motel – completely refurbished to 4 ½ Star standard
- Refurbished public bar with rustic theme, heater and air-conditioning
- Glycol system with popular beers on tap
- 60-seater restaurant plus bistro
- Commercial kitchen replaced in 2014
- Drive-by Bottle Shop
- Large, refurbished all-weather beer garden
- Prominent position fronting the Bruxner Highway
- Diversity of income streams through bar, accommodation, bottle shop and food
- Large block of land – possible additional motel rooms or townhouse complexes
- 30-year lease (includes freehold conversion option)
Just 15km from the Queensland border, Tenterfield is an historic township with a permanent population of around 6,600. It is also a popular tourist destination, close to magnificent National Parks.
The two-storey Royal Hotel/Motel is around 160 years old and has been substantially improved and refurbished. The presentation is excellent. The dwellings comprise a large, fully renovated, 3-bedroom home (kitchen, lounge/dining room, bathroom/laundry) plus a second 3-bedroom property (lounge/dining, kitchen, ensuite bathroom, laundry, private backyard).
With plenty of storage, room to welcome caravaners and grey nomads, and easy access to major highways, this business ticks all the boxes.
Leasehold price: $350,000
Freehold price: $2,100,000