Turnover 2021 $547k – Central to Eyre Peninsula
The main meeting place for a large farming area – and the only hotel for 70 km in any direction, this excellent business boasts a main highway location and is central to the popular Eyre Peninsula.
Originally established in 1932, the current owners purchased the hotel in 2018 and carried out extensive renovations. Situated on the main highway from Kyancutta to Port Lincoln – to capture passing traffic, this is a profitable business with plenty of further growth potential.
- 2 Freehold Titles with no encumbrances & no work orders on the building
- Motel comprises 6 self-contained, air-conditioned units with BBQ area & grassed area
- Ample parking in front of units + room for larger vehicles
- Hotel consists of a front bar (brand new air-conditioner & ceiling fans), large, air-conditioned restaurant, lounge bar, gaming/pool room & undercover verandah
- Hotel accommodation comprises 3 air-conditioned rooms, lounge/tv rooms
- The shower & toilet in hotel are shared facilities
- Large dry cellar under bar allowing access to 2 near-new cool-room motors
- Hotel re-wired with new power board, re-plumbed with 2 new instantaneous gas h/w systems + upgraded wireless interconnected smoke alarms
- Motel has upgraded underground power, new meter board (allowing for more units on the block) & rewiring for power, lights and hard-wired fire alarms
- Undercover parking for owner’s vehicle & forklift with lockable maintenance shed
- Independent beer dispensing equipment – New owners can choose to go with a supplier/franchise
- Popular Social Club + Supply of beverages to 7 local clubs
- Full Commercial Kitchen + long list of assets included in the sale
- Facebook & Google site with excellent reviews
- Eyre Home Care uses the hotel for Meals on Wheels – this could be expanded
- The hotel will provide good living quarters for new owners
This proven Hotel, Restaurant & Accommodation business has no shortage of customers, with many regulars. Viterra hire 6 motel rooms for 3 months of the year on contract during harvest. They will also hire the hotel if not occupied by the owner.
This business would suit a young/middle aged couple with energy. If one of the owners is a cook/chef, that would be an added bonus as the restaurant trades well.
Revenue could be further boosted by opening for longer hours and introducing theme nights and a dedicated pizza night. The current owners are retiring but staying in town and will be available to assist with training – as well as being regular customers!
Price: $230,000 + SAV
View on map / Neighborhood
- State: South Australia