Turnover: 2020 $126k – Potential to turnover $500-900K
Goop Guys is a franchise business, providing a supply and install service of temporary protective coatings in the construction industry.
A recognised market leader in temporary protective coatings, Goop Guys has a strong franchise support system, clearly defined territories with a combination of head office and self-made sales.
Goop Guys has been active in Sydney for about 15 years, with the current owner running this franchise for 4 years.
- This business is the Sydney North West Territory
- Turnover: 2018 – $202K; 2019 – $198K, YTD March 2021 – $67K
- No rent or property required
- Stock levels vary from $2-5K depending on usage
- All products are manufactured and supplied in Australia by Goop Guys head office
- Head office runs trade shows from marketing fund.
- Instagram & Facebook in place for the business with active followers
- Customers include Residential and Commercial builders, Automotive panel shops
- No contracts, just long-term relationships with certain builders
- Training offered to ensure a smooth handover
This opportunity would suit someone looking to work outdoors, keen to pursue new opportunities to grow and work with more builders.
The current owner can only work on the business 1-2 hours a week as director, scheduling work and invoicing. That means employing a subcontractor part-time. A working owner would make more profit
Residential construction has started to rise again with lots of new estates still in planning or just started development. Someone willing to work full-time in the business could really see some growth by pursuing new sales.
Some other franchisees are turning over $500-900K per year with multiple employees.