Family business – Turnover: 2020 – $226,733 – Ripe for growth
Drivers Mobile Automotives is a fully licensed mechanical workshop located in Woodford, Queensland. It is family owned and run and has been servicing the Woodford community since 1995.
The business originally operated as a mobile service but now is primarily workshop based.
- Established and fully operational workshop – Walk in ready
- Offers all automotive services including Logbook servicing, Diagnostics, Roadworthy Certificates/Safety Inspections, Pre-purchase inspections, Tyre services, Battery testing and supply
- Majority of clientele are individuals or local businesses – plus regular breakdown/emergency service and drop-in customers
- Excellent leased premises in the industrial area, 5mins from main street with direct highway access
- 4-bay industrial shed (23m x 15m) on a fully fenced block with office, 3 hoists, wash bay, kitchenette and toilet
- The shed has street frontage, drive-through access, 7 designated car parks (plus one shared wheelchair park) & ample street parking
- Partnering services – such as an auto electrical workshop – are also located within the industrial area generating referrals
- Rent: $880 per fortnight – periodic with potential to negotiate a long-term lease
The business is currently run by a husband-and-wife team; Evan has been a mechanic since 1977 and Dawn does all administrative and trade assistant duties. Due to health issues, they also currently employ their son, who is a trade qualified mechanic.
They say owning the workshop has given them years of flexibility, versatility, and a stable income whilst immersing themselves in the Woodford community.
Turnover has dropped over the last few years due to health issues which is why they are now looking to pass the business onto a new owner.
Woodford is an expanding community and there is great potential for growth. There are opportunities to expand the customer base through advertising and promotion. There are also 3 bays in the shed, each with a hoist and adequate room for more than one mechanic to operate from the workshop.
Price: $150,000 ono