The Savannah Way Motel is in Borroloola and is well known in the Northern Territory for providing a home away from home for business and leisure travelers. Providing a range of accommodation options with ensuite cabins, motel style units and guest house for large family or corporate gatherings.
The complex features the only restaurant in the town and holds one of only two liquor licenses in Borroloola to serve alcohol. The business holds a profitable government contract to cater for school lunches and also caters for numerous functions and meetings in the region.
Borroloola is a growing town and is the capital of the Gulf Region, a remote community on the McArthur River in the Gulf of Carpentaria. Situated 950km from Darwin and 660km from Katherine via the Stuart and Carpentaria Highways (all sealed highways). It is one of the main centres along the epic Savannah Way touring route linking Cairns to Broome.
Interstate and overseas visitors travelling the iconic adventure route of the Savannah make this motel their place for an overnight stay or destination to explore the area. Home to four main indigenous language groups, many large cattle farms, and one of the best places to catch Barramundi.
- FREEHOLD Property and Business in Outback Northern Territory
- No Competition being the only Licensed Restaurant in Borroloola
- Various air-conditioned accommodation styles; fully self-contained cabins, motel style and guest house
- Winner of the prestigious Tourism Brolga Award for standard accommodation and Finalist at the Australian Tourism Awards
- Popular stopover for travelers or destination for tourists to explore the region
- Main clientele are government and corporate clients who book 12 months in advance
- Current expansions and development happening in the region with new bridge, sewerage, indigenous housing, roadworks, and major upgrades to local government building will see an increase in occupancy for a long period
After 15 years the current owners have reluctantly decided to retire due to health issues. This is a great outback lifestyle and would suit a family looking to leave behind the city rat race and be part of a friendly community in the true sense of an Australian place of beauty.