Turnover: $100K+ – Package includes land, business, house & garden!
Opened by the current owners 15 years ago, this Iconic Indonesian Cafe and Restaurant is an excellent freehold investment with proven profit, located in the historical town of Burra.
Visited several times by Aussie actor Russell Crowe, it offers not only a thriving business and a home, but also huge potential to grow the business further. Currently serving Indonesian cuisine, however this restaurant could easily be changed to another cuisine with not much effort to suit a new owner.
- Authentic Indonesian cuisine with a Balinese owner/chef
- Turnover just over $100K – Profit $43K – Outgoings $57K
- Already over $24K up on last year
- Formal & casual dining with takeaway service
- Also popular as a coffee shop, with locally roasted Monjava Coffee
- Alfresco dining in the back garden – perfect for groups & special occasions
- Facilities for holding art exhibitions
- 5 visits from Russell Crowe & crew during the filming of ‘The Water Diviner’
- Extensive list of equipment – full list provided upon enquiry
- Established list of trusted suppliers
- Advertising through Facebook, Google, TripAdvisor, Good Food Guide, word of mouth
- No night-time competition apart from hotels
- Plenty of street parking for guests – Undercover shelter for private car via rear access
- Clients are 50% local & 50% visitors
- Cafe seats 19, front verandah 6-10 & up to 40 standing in the garden
- Liquor License covers the dining room, front verandah & rear garden
- 2-week handover – owners retiring in town so happy to offer guidance
This outstanding freehold package includes 420m2 of land and the property is an historic shop (c1848), located on a prominent corner in the main street.
With a guest book listing visitors from 52 countries, the business is currently run solely by the 2 owners. Employing staff would enable the business to expand and grow.
The Cafe/Restaurant opens for breakfast and lunch, Tues-Sun, and dinner from 6pm Thurs-Sat. Again, there is huge potential to grow the business by extending opening hours.
With a home included there is no landlord or rent to worry about and living on site involves no travel and flexible hours.
Over 15 years, the current owners have created a lovely niche with lots of faithful regulars and returnees from Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth. However, there is a definite need to extend the hours and open Sunday nights.
Huge new wind farm and solar farm developments will see many new workers in town. The business has also had requests for off-site catering eg local council (shire) meetings.
Burra has several events during the year which sees the B&Bs, caravan park and other accommodation filled to capacity.
Price: $390,000 WIWO